Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Life is what happens when your making other plans...

Life is what passes by while we are making other plans. My life is up in the air and Im waiting for it to come back down. However, I know that God is working on it so that it can become the best it has ever been. I have always been very indecisive in my life. Indecision is such an awkward word and it can manipulate you in so many different ways. However, when you start to really think about what you truly want and start making yourself happy it's amazing how things in your life change. We all know that God is always going to be number one but if you don’t allow him to work on you then you get put on the back burner. So if you in a point in your life where you are faced with indecision just think about all the opportunities you are passing by. Remember this… "Indecision is the thief of opportunity" –Jim Rohn

While doing a lot of soul searching I realized things I needed to change within myself. I realized I had to accept myself for who I am and be proud of the woman that I have become. I am always striving to become a better person, mom, daughter and friend. I have a stronger walk with God and my son's walk is getting stronger week by week. There have been a few things going on recently that many people are aware of. I am VERY proud of the way I have handled things and I hope it has showed people that I have grown into a woman that has values and knows how to take the high road. I have learned some very valuable things. The best quote I can think of at the moment is this, "Indecision is a form of dependency: you are waiting for somebody to give you an answer." –Unknown I believe that people are put in our lives to help with the healing process and boy those people have been put in mine. We love people that hurt us only because it's the Christian way of wanting what is good for them, doing what is helpful to them and not wanting or doing anything to cause harm to them. We have to realize as put so plainly by Thomas Hart, "Sometimes loving is accompanied by no positive feelings at all. One crucial difference between loving and liking is that we have a choice where love is concerned. That's why the commandment is not about liking."

As we navigate through the adversity of life we sometimes forget about the Golden Rule. No matter how someone has treated us, what they said, and/or what they did it should not determine how we treat them or how we love them. Jacques Maritian said it best, "We don't love qualities, we love persons; sometimes by reason of their defects as well as their qualities. You have to really think about that quote because someone might have the most amazing qualities and they may have the most outrageous "defects." However, we learn not to love them only by their qualities but by both. I have always loved the quote by Sam Keen, "You love not by finding the perfect person but by seeing an imperfect person, perfectly." I kept turning my bible to Matthew 7:12 the past few weeks and I had to ask for strength to abide by this verse. Sometime we get so hurt in experiences that all we want to do is retaliate. That isn't what God wants and if you need proof it's in the verse above. We don't realize that sometimes you cannot glue the pieces back together and instead you have to realize those pieces might not be intended to go forward with you. God gives new beginnings and no matter what you think every day is a new beginning.

Some people do/say things without even thinking about how it will affect the other person. Then some people know how it will affect the other person and choose to do it anyway. The end result if done out of resentment, fury, rage, hurt, anger, retaliation and the list goes on and on, none is ever good. Some call it Karma and others use many different analogies for it. I have heard anything from: If you have a knife in your stomach it is just going to hurt worse if you turn it rather than just pulling it out. Or, pouring salt on a fresh wound is painful. The fact is that life isn't totally about receiving it is about giving. It is about giving yourself to someone without anything in return. It's about opening yourself and subjecting yourself to so many different conditions. After all, "The will of God will never take you, where the grace of God cannot keep you, where the arms of God cannot support you, where the riches of God cannot supply your needs, where the power of God cannot endow you." -Unknown


Just because someone does or says something you don't agree with doesn't mean that it gives you the power to hurt them back. We have to realize that our actions speak louder than words but words, even if spoken softly, can hurt. Work in Gods plan and in the end, Do the right thing. Treat them as you would want to be treated even if they don't treat you that way. We all have our different struggles and we are all dealing with obstacles in our life that many don't know. Don't make it harder for someone by treating them badly, not taking their feelings into consideration and acting as if they don't matter. No matter what religion you are, we are all Gods children and we do matter and YOU matter.

"Every religion emphasizes human improvement, love, respect for others, sharing other people's suffering. On these lines every religion had more or less the same viewpoint and the same goal." The Dalai Lama


*Mom, if you are reading this I want to "Thank you." You have brought me up to do the right thing even when people oppose me and don't understand why I need to "do the right thing." I love you unconditionally and I appreciate you teaching me there are 3 sides to every story. With eyes and arms wide open, and a heart that God is healing, I smile because life happened and know that I have the love of my family, friends and most of all God to take me around that unknown curve.



2 comments:

  1. I am extremly glad to be a part of your life. You are a beautiful woman inside and out and you have this great big heart of gold. You shine bright! I feel bad for what you and Alec are going thru but WoW you are rising so high above it. We all see it and I know everyone that knows you is extremly proud of you. I pray that any bad times that I am having or will have I could carry myself at least as half as good as you. My Faith was tested not too long ago and I started thinking in alot of negative ways. I then saw God work thru you and my negative suddenly turned positive. Ashly I wanted you to know that God is wonderful and he is using you in ways you might not have realized. I am blessed to have you in my life along with the New Heights Church Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea how much that means to me Misty. You are an amazing woman of God and I am very thankful that I can call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete